There Will Be Ink
A downloadable game for Windows
There Will Be Ink is a tactical action game for 1-4 players. Play solo or with friends in battles between stick figure armies drawn on a paper notepad, just like you used to draw in class instead of paying attention!
TWBI is a difficult game, where charging forward into the fray will rarely win a battle. Tactical thinking is essential. Assessing the battlefield, taking cover as needed, keeping an eye on troops positions: all of these are essential for winning the day. Or, if that sounds like a chore, switch to “arcade mode” and run & gun at will!
- Fast-paced action gameplay with strategic elements
- Take control of any friendly unit on the battlefield
- Unlock new recruit types as you play, including assault infantry, snipers, medics, RPG troops, heavy machine gunners, and engineers
- Full featured map editor – lay out a battlefield and jump straight into the action
- Join a battle in progress for 4 player local co-op or vs. modes
- Navigate dynamic battlefields, wading across rivers, taking cover behind trees, rocks, sandbags, and craters left behind in the chaos
- Compensate for weather effects like rain, wind, and smoke rising from burning buildings and trees
- Earn training credits, even when a battle is lost, to assign new abilities to your troops
Game Status: The game is currently in development. An early build (Alpha 4.0) can be downloaded for free here on itch.io, and any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. Donate $4 or more to get access to all future builds including the finished game, along with a Steam key.
|Updated||4 days ago|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio, Aseprite, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||2D, Difficult, Level Editor, Local Co-Op, Local multiplayer, Shoot 'Em Up, stickman, Twin Stick Shooter|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Player count||1 - 4|
|Links||Homepage, Twitter, YouTube, Blog|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
A Steam key, to be delivered once the game is available on Steam (closer to launch).
- Alpha 4.0 Public Release29 days ago